Sunday, August 28, 2011

appreication

Alot of books, talk show host, guest speakers, and life coaches all state that..we should ignore the dissapointments and hardships we face..and learn to appreciate the blessing we have everyday! I'll say this much after surviving Hurricane Irene and having to work and sleep at the hospital all weekend...

I fucking hate my job..and I fucking hate hurricanes.
I fucking hate drug addicts with cluster B personalities..
I hate people who just choose to drag themselves through the mud and shit of there exsistance and not choose to make something of themseleves..
I know some people can't help the situations there born into..but at least for some..they choose to stay clean or stay grounded in whats right and whats wrong. I mean..right now..we've got a few paients who are vieatnam vets. I know for some of them..the nightmares, PTSD, and personal sturggels will never end..but..for some..they choose to seek help..talk about there nightmares, work through there internal emothoinal scaring and continue there life..
I can understand the need for escape...from the fears and chaos of what tomorrow might hold..but that escape being in the form of drugs, alcohal, and other high-risk activities or behaviors..acomplishes nothing but a momemtary fix and/or escape and for many..causes them to desire more and more of that escape..till all that matters is that..the need and escape and the type of medium needed to acomplish that desturtive goal....

No comments:

Post a Comment